• $3,000 USD Cash Prize
Top Ten Finalists shall become members of the Akinyemilaw songwriting community and get access to the SECURE THE BAG music business program for Songwriters.
The $3000 1st Place cash prize will be delivered via bank transfer or its equivalent.
The deadline for submissions is the 30th of November, 2023.
1. Follow @Akinyemilaw & @ameliasongs.forever on Instagram.
2. The pair (producer & songwriter) shall create a song (instrumentals and lyrics) 90 seconds long. It must have a chorus and a verse.
3. Make a video of the song and post it with the lyrics on Instagram (only 1 post must be made per submission. We encourage competing songwriters and record producers to make a collaborative post on Instagram. You are at liberty to appear in the video. You can have the lyrics subtitled in the video you post).
4. Include the official Hashtag #AkinyemiLawSongChallengeV5 in the caption
5. All entries must bear the name and Instagram handle of the songwriter and the record producer.
6. The recorded song should be uploaded on Audiomack and the streaming link submitted on the Website.
7. Visit here, fill out the form and submit an Audiomack link of the song to officially register for the competition.
• The Contest is open to only Nigerian & Ghanaian songwriters and producers living in Nigeria and Ghana.
• Employees and Independent contractors of sponsors are not eligible.
• You represent and warrant that
(a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
(b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and
(c) your entry to the Contest does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are under 18 years of age, however, you must have permission and clearance to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian. Entry into the Contest is void where prohibited.
• The Finalists WILL be notified by DIRECT MESSAGES and email addresses.
• If the chosen finalists and winners do not respond to notifications within seven (7) days, the organizers have the right to contact runner-ups and/or honourable mentions for the receipt of the prizes.
• There are 2 stages:
1. Stage 1 (To Pick the Top 10)
2. Final Stage (To pick the top 3 & Winner)
All entries are judged based on the merit of the overall songs (Production, lyric & melody).
All entries will be first screened by 3 independent and respectable A&Rs in the music industry, from which 10 finalists will be chosen.